Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Linen and a great Swap



My new favorite thing - Linen. I love the way it feels and how it sews like a hot knife through butter.

I really prefer to use found and discarded fabrics, but if I had to buy some I'd use this website for sure. Oh yes... lots of colors and thicknesses and really good prices. Did I say "really good"? Because I really meant GREAT, especially compared to other sites I've seen. The fabric-store.com has almost exclusively linen at prices from between $5 and $8 per yard. Let me repeat... $5-$8 per yard. And they accept paypal payments which, as anyone who sells on Etsy knows, is way too convenient.



My very talented cousin, Erin of Elsa Bloom, and I have decided to do a fabric swap. We recently reconnected after losing touch for a while, and we discovered we both love sewing, vintage fabric, japanese sewing patterns, and Superbuzzy - interests we cultivated independently from one another. It must be in our genes. Anyway, I STUFFED the largest flat rate box I could find full of my favorite fabrics. And because I wish I were there in person to tell her exactly what each is, I wrote little lists telling her where I found each one. I hope she loves it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the linen links...I am in need of a stash replenishment spree. Love what you have been making lately...love!