Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The whole quilt (finally)


quiltoverall1, originally uploaded by String and Scissor.

Now that the weekend is over (and my friend's wedding), I can display the quilt I gave a sneak peek at last week.

This is it! I used all vintage or repurposed fabrics except for the larget grey stripe and the grey honeycomb backing. Some is silk, some polyester, most is cotton.

I actually bound the quilt in less than two hours which is an absolute record for me. It once took me 10 to bind a doll quilt. I guess I'm a little better at it (that and I HAD to get it done if I was going to gift it).

Anyway, this is my latest work. It hurt to part with, but it is in a much better home where kids won't drool on it (yet) and kittens will cuddle with it.

1 comment:

Sexy Lexi said...

It's even more beautiful and special in person! You are so talented, Jen!