Saturday, June 23, 2007

Midge the Pigeon


pigeon3, originally uploaded by String and Scissor.

This is the first of a series of stuffed animals based on Urban critters. They are 100% recycled and vintage wool felt and machine sewn. I love working with in this medium because its so forgiving and doesn't fray. I almost feel like I'm sketching with a sewing machine.

As for a name, Midge the Pigeon. Be on the lookout for Merl the Squirrel very soon.





Speaking of felt, look at this gorgeous lot. I am in love with the new felted wool bundles offered at Purl!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

I love your pigeon - and I think I shall have to go and check out that felt!!!

Anonymous said...

The pigeon is great - what personality. I wanted one of thoses felt bundles but they are all sold out :(

Erin said...

JEN!!
I love your blog and so glad to see what you are doing. I was about to bid on some fabric that you have in your header. Let's email. So crazy that you found RL! I was in purl yesterday and felt that amazing fabrics in person wishing I could buy some.

Anonymous said...

hello pigeon !
oh my god! you have so much more stuff in the states! love the felt bundle!